This unit consists of:
- Centrifugal fan with forward and backward curved blade impellers
- Transparent ducting
- Air flow control
- Instrumentation for pressure, differential pressure, temperature and impeller rotational speed
- Effect of static and total pressures, rotor speed and motor input power as a function of air inlet flow.
- Calculation of overall efficiency and estimation of impeller power efficiency.
- Measurement of performance at constant speeds.
- Scale-up calculations using similarity laws.