This unit consists of:
- Stainless steel tank, tiltable using a dual linked jacking system
- 8 stainless steel spray nozzles mounted on an adjustable height gantry
- A stilled tank providing a formed flow river inlet
- Two flowmeters
- An outlet tank allowing both water and sediment flow to be measured
- Two French drains, two well points and 20 manometer tapping points linked to a manometer bank
- A large plastic sump tank plus a recirculating pump
- Run-off hydrographs from model catchments.
- Draw-down curves for one well and two well systems.
- Ground water flow in alluvial material.
- Formation and development of river features over time.
- Sediment transport, bed load motion, scour and erosion.